Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loose volume buttons

My volume buttons on the iPhone 5 have a little jiggle to them. Is this normal?

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 8:27 PM

7 replies

Oct 31, 2012 3:47 AM in response to Michael Velasquez II

Last night I noticed that the volume down (-) button on my phone had become loose. To describe how it feels, if you press slightly with your thumb, it kinda clicks softly and then you have to push completely for it to actually work. But it works.

I've read quite a few forums now and apparently it's normal (as long as it still works).

The bizarre thing is that this just started last night (or at least I think it did because I'd never noticed before!)

I say just don't worry about it. I mean if the thing stops working or falls off the phone you can always take it back to have it replaced.

:)

Dec 30, 2012 10:14 PM in response to Michael Velasquez II

I don't know if that is normal, maybe it is or maybe it's not. I think I might have loose buttons when I check to see. I don't know if I have them or my mind is trying to play a trick on me when I check to see whether I have them or not. I just curtainly hope I don't have loose buttons. When I test them with my thumb I don't feel the jiggle. So go figure it out yourself, OK?

Jan 10, 2013 7:37 PM in response to max50

Whether it's normal or not, I find it annoying.

I've had iPhones since the original 3G, including 4G and now 5.

Never had a loose button on any of them until this one.

Now, for no conceivable reason, the "up" volume button has become loose (or rather the cover, I guess; it wasn't when it was new, and I've never dropped it, in fact have babied it more than my previous iPhones), and it really detracts from the quality feel of the thing.

Too bad for Apple.

Loose volume buttons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.