Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old iPhone still showing up in icloud tabs, how to remove?

I recently retired my iPhone 4(iOS6) and upgraded to iPhone 5. When i did so I decided not to restore from backup and am using the install out of box. I can still see an open tab on the old iPhone when I look at my iCloud tabs on my new phone and iPad.

I already signed out of iCloud on the old phone. (although I do not belive it had a data conection when I did this) If I power on the old phone and browse in safari the tabs are not reflected in iCloud tabs on my other devices.

Is there some other step I need to take to remove the old phone from my iCloud tabs?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 9:00 PM

I think it will be removed after a week. From http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5372 under "Removing Tabs from the Tab List::

"... If you no longer have access to the device that that you used to browse that tab, the tab will automatically be cleared from the list after 7 days, if not updated.

10 replies

Sep 27, 2012 9:42 PM in response to natesac

Before formatting my Macbook. I wish I had closed all the tabs. Because I'm seeing 1 tab opened from my old device. And same named second device I'm seeing active and normal operation of safari icloud tab feature. ghosh i really hope it goes away on it's own after a week. not that it's a big deal but it's just annoying.

any comments?

Jul 27, 2014 8:48 PM in response to ScottieO

Hey, I did a fresh install of mavericks on 2 computers and must of had safari tabs open on both and now I have 4 "pauls macbook pro" tabs i iCloud bookmarks. It defiantly is annoying. The last websites I went to on my computers before erasing and reformatting are still open on all my io s devices.. Can you confirm they went away after a week?

Thank you!

Oct 22, 2014 8:59 AM in response to Pauletronic

They should disappear after 14 days according to the latest iteration of the support page mentioned above – Set up and use iCloud Tabs.

To remove a tab from the iCloud Tabs list, close that tab in Safari on the device that shared the tab. Quitting Safari, putting your device to sleep, or turning your device off won't remove a tab from the list. If you can't access the device that shared the tab, the tab will automatically be cleared from the list after 14 days if the tab isn't updated.

Old iPhone still showing up in icloud tabs, how to remove?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.