Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 WIFI Stops Working

Apple - Fix this!!!!!!

Apple, THIS IS WHERE YOU NEED TO LOOK on iOS 6 regarding "WIFI Lockout"!!!!!!

When this happens (WIFI freezes up aka "WIFI Lockout") – you can not get on internet while using WIFI!!!!!

You could be in the middle of surfing or using any app that makes data calls based on DNS and suddenly you can go no where or do nothing!

Yea sure, you can restart the WIFI connection, but WHO wants to CONTINUALLY do that?????

Apple (or any curious iOS 6 user that wants to see my point), when this happens "WIFI Lockout" open up a browser before you reset the WIFI connection and type type 74.125.227.144 (google) and then “go” (I tried both safari and chrome). A google search page will come up and you will be able to execute a search (of course any link you click on will not work as it is dependant on DNS resolution).

The above IP connection to google proves NON DNS traffic works, so the issue is not the WIFI connection to the access point!

APPLE, FOCUS ON FIXING THIS DNS DATA ISSUE AND YOU WILL GET MANY PEOPLE OFF YOUR BACK!!!!

I KNOW THIS IS NOT ALL OF THE PROBLEMS WITH iOS 6, BUT THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM NOT BEING ABLE TO SURF OR GET DATA THE iOS 6 DEVICE IS REQUESTING WHILE ON WIFI!!!!!

iOS 6

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 10:54 PM

There are no replies.

iOS 6 WIFI Stops Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.