Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 4.2 Not Working after 10.8.2 ML update

Since updating to the iOS 6 compatibility firmware for Mountain Lion (10.8.2) Pages for me does not work at all. It just jumps up and down until it stops. Then I have to click force quit to actually close the application. I sent the report to Apple.

I have resorted to buying Microsoft Office 2011 ediiton (the contridiction of why I actually bought Pages) I couldn't wait. I'm in university and need a word processor.

Please don't tell me I'm the only one having this issue...

MacBook Air (11-INCH, MID 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:04 PM

1 reply

Sep 25, 2012 12:07 AM in response to RT_Canada

Haven't you posted this question already?

What "iOS6 compatibility firmware"? iOS6 has nothing to do with the Mac.

You don't need to buy MsOffice to get a Word Processor, there are plenty of perfectly good WPs out there, many for free. Even TextEdit opens and saves to Word .doc files.

btw I just upgraded an external hard drive to run Mountain Lion OSX 10.8.2 and Pages 4.2 is running perfectly, so you have another issue but haven't given us any details that would help narrow down what that could be.

Have you by any chance reinstalled Pages from a Time Machine backup? Because that doesn't work.

Peter

Pages 4.2 Not Working after 10.8.2 ML update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.