Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M Dying? (Macbook Pro - 15-inch, Mid 2010)

According to this article, my macbook might have a faulty GPU-chip, and can be repaired free of charge: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2377

Here's a picture of my macbook pro, when the graphics get all wonky:

User uploaded file

How should i proceed?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely, Tobias Andersen

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2 GHz), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:17 PM

6 replies

Oct 30, 2012 7:20 PM in response to hoangtu23

No, that's worse than anything i've had...

My computer just goes to black sometimes, and i have to restart it, or the screen looks like the one in the screenshot in my first post... and i have to restart.

Your computer needs help right away, seems like your graphics-chip is even worse off than mine! :C

Good luck.

Btw. i'm going to deliver my macbook pro to a certified service provider this week, just have to take a backup first... and deliver some school-homework... Even with frequent restarts, i need this computer in order to deliver my homework. :/

Dec 7, 2012 8:33 PM in response to Turbolego

I have this same graphics card and recently my screen has been going blank, too. So far it appears to only be the screen (graphics card) because the keyboard still lights up and music will still play out of the speakers. The link you posted about the faulty grpahics cards isn't for the GT 330m, though, unless you have spoken with them and found something different. If I remember, I think I purchased my MBP in 2010 as well. Mine has the i5 and I purchsed it a few days after those were released. Turbolego, have you been updated on anything yet?

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M Dying? (Macbook Pro - 15-inch, Mid 2010)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.