Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone turning off after ios 6 update

long story short i updated my iphone 4 to ios 6 and now my phone keeps turning off. what do i do? i cant use it for more then a few mibutes before it turns off! also it is really slow! help !??!!

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 24, 2012 11:46 PM

12 replies

Sep 27, 2012 9:09 AM in response to irminax3

I've got the same problem here. Spent over 4 hours with apple support but no help at all. Done 6 restores but still continually switches off. Apple say needs a repair but got to pay as out of warranty . Not happy as it worked well befor the update. Any other ideas anyone? I also got an iPad but scared to update that till this is sorted. Thanks

Sep 27, 2012 10:35 AM in response to Hondalady

Yep same thing happened to me spent hours on the phone to apple the lady tried telling me that there was a problem with my phone already and when I don't the update it showed up! LOL! They told me next appointment I could have at the apple store was in a week but i went in my self on the same day and they booked me in and had an appointment within 10 minutes! The guy looked at my phone said they can't fixed it but can replace it but since my Phone was out of warranty I had to pay £119 for a new phone when it wasn't even my fault! Their software messed up my phone

Sep 27, 2012 1:23 PM in response to Hondalady

worst thing is my phone was perfect! there was nothing wrong with it at all till the update messed it up... i would get a fuzzy screen and few times it went bright blue and when i went to the apple shop they made me restore my phone... i already done it like 3 times before even going there he said that when i back up all my old stuff there may be a corrupted file thats causing my phone to do this and he goes try it with out restoring it with a back up i said it still does it and he goes come back on monday when u have ur appointment when i stepped out of the stop went to text someone and what do u know? there goes the fuzzy screen and the apple logo i went back inside and demanded someone to see me... not only do i have to pay to replace my phone when it was apples fault it happened but they said i need to wait one week for an appointment when i spoke to the lady on the phone i asked what should i use for the next week she replied with "u could buy a new phone" as if im going to purchase a new phone and then go back a week later and pay £119 for something that wasnt even my fault in the first place! quite disappointed in apple if im honest

iphone turning off after ios 6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.