Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will there be a lightning to composite cable?

I have been using composite cables in my cars to connect my iphones since my 3GS, becuase my cars have composite inputs but not USB. Will such a cable exist for the iPhone 5 lighting port? I heard that the 30-pin to lightning port will only support audio and I use the component cable to display video to my head unit. So when might I be able to expect such a thing? In the meantime, I have my 4s still plugged in and using it for my car audio/video needs.

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 7:57 AM

4 replies

Nov 20, 2012 6:14 PM in response to Bonitillo

I have to say, no video at all seems like you're going to get a lot of potentially unhappy business folk as well. I use both a 30-pin to VGA for presentations and a 30-pin to video screen in my car. I am looking into buying a new iPod touch or an iPad mini as my wife recently lost her iPod touch (3rd gen, so, not new) and she has to be able to entertain a 2 yr old while breast feeding in the car. Presents a problem if she can't use video on her new device. On the note about presentations,most schools and many businesses don't really have a budget for a new projector or purchasing a new Apple TV for every projector just to have AirPlay functionality. Lets fix this simple problem soon please. Because simple it is.

Nov 24, 2012 12:59 PM in response to PatrickGaerlan

Your idea on the lightning to HDMI is probably easiest, as I was thinking about the AppleTV to HDMI, but the cable at $50 is a bit pricey. We'll have to see. Maybe I'll just get myself a new iPad and let my wife have my 3rd gen to use for the car ;-). Thanks for those though. Interesting the apple reps in store didn't know about these adapters just this week before thanksgiving.

will there be a lightning to composite cable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.