Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo! server unavailable error

Just got a new Iphone5 in UK but when setting up email account for Yahoo Mail, I got this Yahoo Server unavailable error. Anyone has any idea please?

iPhone 5

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 8:07 AM

4 replies

Sep 29, 2012 2:20 PM in response to JadziaApple

I have a yahoo.com account and a rocketmail.com account, both via yahoo. I found this information on a yahoo board and it worked for both my accounts. I had to delete the account on the phone and set it backup in both cases.

Close the mail app on the iphone and go to a computer, sign in to your yahoo mailaccount and do the verification that it pops up. If there is no such thing that pops up then go back to your iphone and do the following:

1.) Delete the yahoo mail account on your iphone.

2.) Add mail account using "other" instead of "Yahoo!" and setup as IMAP account.

3.) Use the following information:

- username MUST include @yahoo.com at the end

- incoming server = imap.mail.yahoo.com

- outgoing server = smtp.mail.yahoo.com

- always retype your password

Jan 3, 2013 2:42 PM in response to JadziaApple

Calendar solution that worked on my new Iphone 5:

1. settings

2. mail/contacts/calenmdars

3. add account

4. other

5. under "calendars"---add CalDAV account

6. server: caldav.caelndar.yahoo.com

7. username (your full yahoo email address)

8. Password (your yahoo password)

9. description

10. click next

the only other thing i had to do was manually change the color of the dot next to the Yahoo calendar item as it was the same color as my exchange calendar items.

Yahoo! server unavailable error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.