Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why don't my magic mouse gestures work in 'Finder?'

When I had SNOW LEOPARD my magic mouse gestures worked in all my apps. Now it seems with MOUNTAIN LION gestures are useful only in Safari. And the two finger tap or whatever for mission control doesn't work. Anyone else have the same issue?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 9:29 AM

4 replies

Oct 13, 2012 7:16 AM in response to JONICKO

NONE of my gestures work. I can't scroll, right-click or anything. I've checked my mouse prefs, reset the PRAM and restarted multiple times. I also plugged in a Mighty Mouse (the one with the small scroll button) and nothing works with that either.

2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro, Magic Mouse

OS X 10.8.2

Oct 13, 2012 1:50 PM in response to JONICKO

The gestures work just fine for my MacBook Pro and my son's new iMac. Check you settings for the mouse and see if the gestures are all turned on/enabled.

BTW, double-tap zoom only works if the object is zoomable, i.e. an image or webpage. The finder window text is not a zoomable object.

Gestures are not specific to any one application, they are part of OS-X.

Oct 15, 2012 8:44 PM in response to JONICKO

OK, now you have me confused. I'm not knowledgable on Snow Leopard. When you say go back a page, I assume you are meaning to return to the previous level of hierarchy in Finder. Am I correct? Its what you can also use the back arrow for, right?

I guess I never would have even thought to use a gesture for that, and as far as I can tell you are correct.

Why don't my magic mouse gestures work in 'Finder?'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.