Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update to 10.7 did not work, cannot access iTunes. Need AVFoundationCF.dll, Ituneshelper not installed correctly, Error 7 (Windows Error 126), Error 7 (Windows Error 5)

I am running Windows 7 64 bit.

This HORROR began because I realized that my phone had suddenly lost all of the music except music that had been purchased. It also lost all purchased iBooks as well as audible books downloaded from audible and ringtones that I had purchased from iTunes.

I then thought that it would be fine once I connected to itunes on my computer. I connected to itunes and it said that there was an update available so I downloaded and installed 10.7.

I tried to run the program and got Error 7 (Windows error 5) message.

I then found several discussion questions that seemed similar to mine and I think that I tried them all. Removed everything apple and reinstalled iTunes. I followed the instructions and removed everything in the order that was listed, some I had to change security to own the file before I could delete them. I did all of the steps, (maybe I deleted too many apples items ??) emptied the recycling bin, restarted and reinstalled. I also tried the Net framework fix, used the ms fixit (the one with the picture of the man on it) and I think a few other things that I have found on this site as well as MS site. I restarted my computer every time.

The latest thing that I tried was to download 10.63 since I don't care about the new stuff. After all of this I sometimes get and message saying that I am missing AVFoundationCF.dll file and once it said something about Itunes Helper (when these two messages appear, it is separate from the error messages which occur after clicking ok on them) before getting the Error 7 (windows error 5) or else Error 7 (Windows error 126).

PLEASE HELP!

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 9:15 AM

4 replies

Oct 2, 2012 12:30 PM in response to JJB apple

Follow the instructions on this link, basically un-install everything, remove programs that says they are made by apple inc. (using add remove program)

http://www.reimageplus.com/fix-windows-127-error/ (Many thanks to reimageplus.com)

You will also need to check and verify that the following folders have been removed:

• C:\Program Files\Bonjour
  • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple
  • C:\Program Files\iTunes
  • C:\Program Files\iPod
  • C:\Program Files\QuickTime
  • C:\Windows\System32\QuickTime
  • C:\Windows\System32\QuickTimeVR

dont forget to remove icloud also

you dont need to delete your itune music library though

If any of these folders still exist, delete them along with their contents. (if you cant delete them, right click and go to properties and then security and change the control of the fold to you)

do this for files under program files and program file (x86) on your computer

once you have deleted everything, restart your computer. Then I repaired my registry using a registry repair program.

Important:- instead of installing itunes I installed quick time, which installs apple application support (this is the corrupt file which is causing all the issues)

i then installed itunes and it all worked fine,

should take no longer than half hour to fix 🙂

hope this helps

Update to 10.7 did not work, cannot access iTunes. Need AVFoundationCF.dll, Ituneshelper not installed correctly, Error 7 (Windows Error 126), Error 7 (Windows Error 5)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.