Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get safari to open the site I type in and STOP redirecting me to the WORTHLESS mobile sites

How do I get safari to open the site I type in instead of REDIRECTING TO THE MOBILE SITES?

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 10:21 AM

6 replies

Sep 25, 2012 10:26 AM in response to Tonycad

Most websites that provide a full and mobile version include a setting on the website to provide the full version. After selected, this should be saved as a cookie so when returning to the website the full version is provided.

Safari on the iPhone is the mobile version and is detected as such with visiting a website that provides a full and mobile version. The website provider is doing this.

Jun 19, 2013 2:13 PM in response to Tonycad

This question gets asked frequently. The most thorough discussion is in the link below. Unfortunately, Apple's Safari Team has not chosen to include an option in mobile Safari that "fools" websites into thinking it is a computer. Ergo, we often end up in mobile sites that offer limited info & services, and do not offer a full site link or override.

How do I get safari to open the site I type in and STOP redirecting me to the WORTHLESS mobile sites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.