Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bricked iPhone

Hi, i know jailbreaking is wrong and normally no help is offered by the community, but i have a very simple question, i just want to know if i take an iphone 3gs that has been bricked through a botched jailbreak and wont restore to an apple store, can they completely restore it to factory settings by reinstalling the OS or something? Obviously the warrany is void so i'm prepared to pay a price for it.

Thanks

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 11:22 AM

3 replies

Sep 25, 2012 12:06 PM in response to Lewishadow

I do not know. As you know jailbreaking can permanently break an iPhone, and I have no way of knowing if Apple has any special or proprietary way of reversing that. I suspect they do not, since if they did it would surely become common knowledge in no time.

As far as a "service cost" is concerned, they don't repair iPhones anyway. No matter what the problem happens to be, broken iPhones are replaced with refurbished ones. So, go ahead and ask.

Bricked iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.