Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

print out of text message history!

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how i can get a print out of my entire text message history for one conversation on my iphone 4. I know it is in the phone because i can view it bit by bit if i continue to scroll and hit "view previous messages" but i am in the middle of a legal thing and i desperately need a print out of the history of this one conversation. There has to be a computer genius out there than can help me. There must be a way to export it to my macbook or my email or something. Please if you know anything i would be so grateful. Thank you!

iPhone 4

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 11:50 PM

nicksss wrote:

You can take a screenshot and then forward to your email address or AirPrint the screenshot. You can also email the SMS to your own email account.

You can also refer to this discussion on how to print text messages. I hope this will help others 🙂

Do a screen shot is the easiest way, but when the pic is printed, the format of it is not the TXT. If you just want to print them out for backup without a certain format, screen shot is the most workable way for you.

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2014 11:50 PM in response to nicksss

nicksss wrote:

You can take a screenshot and then forward to your email address or AirPrint the screenshot. You can also email the SMS to your own email account.

You can also refer to this discussion on how to print text messages. I hope this will help others 🙂

Do a screen shot is the easiest way, but when the pic is printed, the format of it is not the TXT. If you just want to print them out for backup without a certain format, screen shot is the most workable way for you.

Mar 19, 2013 6:42 AM in response to wishiwasagenius

If you are a Mac guy, check out PhoneView. It does a whole bunch of awesome things including letting you export SMS and MMS messages to your Mac so you can do whatever you want with them.

Next, just paste it in an email to yourself with copy/paste. Bring up you email via the HTML file then print your iPhone text message on computer.

It's worked pretty well for me.

Oct 28, 2013 3:51 AM in response to wishiwasagenius

User uploaded file

Two Methods:

1. You can put the text messages on your screen like your reading it.. press the lock button and the home button at the same time.. it will take a picture of it and be saved to your photo album.. then upload it to your computer or email it to yourself..it won't be a document but it will be a picture and that's something.

2. use iPhone backp extractor app:

First backup your iPhone to your computer with iTunes, all text messages, contacts will be included in the backp file, but it is an unreadable format, you have to extract them to your computer for print.

Vibosoft iPhone message extract:

How to Print Messages Conversation from iPhone with Dates & Times

iStonsoft iPhone SMS recovery

How to Print out iPhone text messages

and more...

Dec 18, 2013 12:31 AM in response to wishiwasagenius

You can take a screenshot and then forward to your email address or AirPrint the screenshot. You can also email the SMS to your own email account. This instructable worth a look: http://www.instructables.com/id/A-Quick-Guide-to-Printing-iPhone-SMS-Text-Messag es/?ALLSTEPS

You can also refer to this discussion on how to print iPhone text messages. I hope this will help others 🙂

print out of text message history!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.