Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get rid of game center or permanently disable it

How do I get rid of game center or permanently disable it?

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 12:07 PM

7 replies

Nov 4, 2012 9:40 AM in response to Michael Black

My son wanted to play Bad Piggies this morning. I bought the app, so not only do I have no intention of ever signing into Game Center, I am incensed that it launches every time I try to launch Bad Piggies. I thought iOS prohibited code execution, and specifically that code in one app cannot launch any other app. I tried declining the terms of service when Game Center would open, but it just takes you back to the screen where you have to enter your Apple ID and password, no matter how many times you try to decline the terms of service. In effect, I cannot launch Bad Piggies at all. I also tried entering in a bogus Apple ID and password when Game Center would hijack Bad Piggies, but that didn't help. No matter how many times I entered the bogus Apple ID and password, it would just take me back to the Game Center login.

Going into Settings > General > Restrictions > Game Center and turning both options "off" made the insipid (and invasive) Game Center login go away when I launched Bad Piggies again. So that has fixed the obnoxious Game Center launch, at least for now.

Apple - you'd better listen to your loyal customers. We don't want you blocking access to apps you have approved for sale in the App Store and which we have paid for, and we don't appreciate your attempts to spy on our (or our kids') game habits against our wishes any more than you already have extraordinary visibility to our usage habits on iOS devices. Don't ruin a great product.

Nov 4, 2012 9:46 AM in response to Buzzfuster

Buzzfuster wrote:

Apple - you'd better listen to your loyal customers. We don't want you blocking access to apps you have approved for sale in the App Store and which we have paid for, and we don't appreciate your attempts to spy on our (or our kids') game habits against our wishes any more than you already have extraordinary visibility to our usage habits on iOS devices. Don't ruin a great product.

As already noted, this is a user-to-user forum. You're not addressing Apple here. Use the feedback link provided above to let Apple know how you feel.

Dec 29, 2012 7:55 AM in response to robcorc

I hate it. I used to sign out but it seems to just sign back in again when I download a new game and all the games I've removed are signed in again. I just want to play a game like the "old" days. Open Feint have shut down let's hope Game Center becomes something we can delete along with Stocks and Newstand.

how do i get rid of game center or permanently disable it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.