Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How is the battery life on the iPhone 5

Hi all,

I curious to find about how the battery life is on the iPhone 5 ...

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 2:30 PM

59 replies

Oct 2, 2012 11:11 AM in response to emil3m

It was like that out of the box. I have always used my phone depending on what im doing. If i'm going to sleep, my alarm is set. there's no reason to have max brightness, BT, wifi, LTE, and a million apps open when im sleeping. I turn off cell data when im sleep.

During the day, i close apps im not using. i never use full brightness unless i am taking a picture or outside for a while.

i charged the phone to full upon taking it out of the box.

On a normal day, I use Twitter/FB, music, text, internet, voice memo, and occasional gaming. On the last one i posted i actually turned my screen on full brightness and turned screen lock off so that it could drain so i could charge overnight from less than 5%, or i would have gotten 11 hrs usage.

my screen lock is set at 1 min. My reception depends on my location. At home/work/out its 4 to 5 bars. at school, its 1-2 bars if on LTE, sometimes it drops to 3G or no service. its trash service at school lol. i've owned OG iphone, 3GS, 4S, and now 5 so I have lots of experience.

How is the battery life on the iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.