Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I create a calendar on iCal that shows up separate from my calendar?

I want to create a new iCalendar for a friend. I have done File --> New Calendar and File --> New Calendar Group but a blank calendar does not appear. My calendar remains on the screen. I click on my Home and Work and then my friend's calendar but my calendar, not a new one, remains on the screen. In other words, I want the other calendar to be on my computer but I want to be able to bring it up sparaately from my calendar. How do I get a new calendar to come up?

Also, my friend has a MacBook Pro and I will want to transfer the calendar to her when it is made. How do I do this?

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2012 2:32 PM

In iCal, you select on the left sidebar which calendars you want to be visible. You create a new calendar the way yoou describe it (File>New Calendar) and then in the left sidebar you make sure that this new calendar is the only one that has the checkbox checked. Then this calendar is the only one visible.

When you want to transfer this calendar to your friend, choose File> export calendar. This will create an .ics file which you can send to your friend by email, dropbox etc. Your frien then just dobbelclick on the .ics file, and the calendar will be saved in iCal.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2012 2:32 PM in response to mack7

In iCal, you select on the left sidebar which calendars you want to be visible. You create a new calendar the way yoou describe it (File>New Calendar) and then in the left sidebar you make sure that this new calendar is the only one that has the checkbox checked. Then this calendar is the only one visible.

When you want to transfer this calendar to your friend, choose File> export calendar. This will create an .ics file which you can send to your friend by email, dropbox etc. Your frien then just dobbelclick on the .ics file, and the calendar will be saved in iCal.

How can I create a calendar on iCal that shows up separate from my calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.