Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork Documents on IOS 6 Will Not Sync with iCloud

If I create a Pages, Numbers, Keynote doc on my iPhone 5 it will not synced to my iCloud account. (The little up arrow in the corner remains there forever)

Documents that are already in iCloud from my iPad or Desktop will not sync back down to my iPhone.

However, all other iCloud services, such as notes, work fine.

I've tried all the standard solutions to this including:

* toggled everything on and off and reset.

* erase iWork apps and reinstall.

* erase the phone and reinstall

With no result. Any ideas?

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 3:29 PM

19 replies

Sep 25, 2012 10:27 PM in response to CGPGrey

I have the same problem and believe it started after upgrading to iOS 6. Also tried your measures without any success. When I reinstalled the apps on the phone, it shows some old documents which should not be there anymore because I deleted them from the iCloud Settings.

The problem is only there for iWorks apps, all other iCloud services are ok.

Sep 28, 2012 4:41 AM in response to CGPGrey

Also struggled for a long time. iCloud documents between Iphone and Macbook were syncing, but not with iPad. The following seems to have sorted out the problem (did it only on iPad):

Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

After doing this, all my iCloud documents appeared in:

Settings - iCloud - Storage and Backup - Manage Storage - Pages

Oct 3, 2012 6:47 AM in response to clahakru

Apple has (suprisingly, and plesseantly) contacted me too for more information about this after I posted a bug report in OS X Keynote. None of the solutions have worked from me, but very nice that Apple is working on this. I have tried resetting settings, and even a full restore on my iOS devices. Syncing iOS Keynote is most important for me. I have gotten to the point where I OS X Keynote starts to download on my iOS devices, but the progress bar does (that should turn blue as syncing / uploading occurs) not change, and iOS does not upload (still the "upload arrow") shows, but nothing is uploaded. : ((

Oct 16, 2012 1:58 PM in response to vincas

Hmm, I suppose I should have posted here some time ago instead of just lurking waiting for the answer to show up so that I could follow the same procedure. Then again, maybe I am doing that since the proper procedure was to publicly state that I have the problem so that Apple can fix it for me.🙂

I'd still like to know the origin of the problem. I believe mine began when I lost cell phone coverage as I worked on a document. I'm an ecologist working in Ecuador, and was in the field without reception for several days after that; when I returned to modern communications technology none of my new files would upload to iCloud nor have any new files created on my Mac downloaded to my iPad 2 since then. When the problem began I was using iOS 5, but have since upgraded to iOS 6 and still have the same issue. (I also foolishly did a backup and restore without reading the fine print about it not backing up iWork documents. I lost a good bit of work and data there…)

HELP! Thank you.

Oct 25, 2012 9:38 PM in response to CGPGrey

Two days ago, a very nice and patient AppleCare Advisor, David, has contacted me by telephone (he in the US, me in China) and has guided me through the procedure to back-up my data from my mobile devices to my iMac. Since I am usually not backing-up on my iMac but in the Cloud and since I had two iOS devices to back up, the back-up took more than one hour, but he wanted to make absolutely sure that I do not lose any data, before Apple would do a reset of my iCloud account, and waited for all the things to happen patiently.

Today, I checked and everything works again. Even my iPhoto Journal publishing works again!

I am absolutely impressed about this commitment of Apple and this matter has once again convinced me that it was a right decision to buy all my private IT from Apple.

Thanks a lot, Apple and especially David.

iWork Documents on IOS 6 Will Not Sync with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.