Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do make a picture from an email my screen saver?

i have a picture of two grandchildren my daughter sent me via email to my mail account. i want to make this adorable picture my screen saver. i went to system preferences to desktop/screen saver and could not do it .i would appreciate some one telling how to do this

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 4:31 PM

Very easy to do, but I'll spell it out, since you're probably unfamiliar with the procedure.

1. Bring the pic to the Desktop. Open Mail, and you'll see the pic you want to make a screensaver, and drag and drop the image onto your computer desktop.

2. Bring the pic to Documents. You want to make sure your pic is safe and accessible, so go to Finder/Documents, and drop the image into the Documents Folder.

3. Go to System Preferences. You can close Mail, if you haven't already, and go to System Preferences/Desk & Screensaver/Desktop.

4. Find the Image. On Desktop, under Folders, you'll see the image you want to use as a screensaver.

5. Install the image. Tap on the image you want to make your desktop, and it will appear on screen.

If you have any questions, respond to this post, and I'll try to clear it up. Post here to make sure everything worked out!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2012 4:31 PM in response to don tishman

Very easy to do, but I'll spell it out, since you're probably unfamiliar with the procedure.

1. Bring the pic to the Desktop. Open Mail, and you'll see the pic you want to make a screensaver, and drag and drop the image onto your computer desktop.

2. Bring the pic to Documents. You want to make sure your pic is safe and accessible, so go to Finder/Documents, and drop the image into the Documents Folder.

3. Go to System Preferences. You can close Mail, if you haven't already, and go to System Preferences/Desk & Screensaver/Desktop.

4. Find the Image. On Desktop, under Folders, you'll see the image you want to use as a screensaver.

5. Install the image. Tap on the image you want to make your desktop, and it will appear on screen.

If you have any questions, respond to this post, and I'll try to clear it up. Post here to make sure everything worked out!

how do make a picture from an email my screen saver?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.