Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location Services icon is always on and is draining my battery, any help?

Is anyone else having this problem?

updated my iPhone 4S to iOS6 and the only setting I changed was the Facebook setting to be able to update status from the dropdown & update pictures with ease. My Location Services icon is on everytime I check my phone time. does anyone know what setting if any can be changed without me not being able to use GPS functions?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 4:01 PM

4 replies

Jun 3, 2013 6:29 AM in response to rah109

I know this is an old post, but I had the same issue of the location services icon always being on at the top of the screen on an iPhone 5. I tried turing off location services for Passbook, but that didn't do it. For me, it was Dropbox. I had been auto uploading pictures, which requires location services, but as soon as I turned it off in Settings, the icon went away.

Mar 24, 2014 1:22 AM in response to coopthink

Thought I'd update this even tho is an old post

I had same issue and found out it was Williamhill Bookmaker app that was constantly keeping the icon there even when the app was closed

Lord knows why a bookmaker needs gps as it's not like the app only shows betting events near you

Hopefully this may help someone else and help my battery

Location Services icon is always on and is draining my battery, any help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.