Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Server: Creating NetBoot Image

I am trying to generate a NetBoot Image on a Mountain Lion Server (10.8.2) and cannot figure out how to download:

"Install Mac OS X Mountain Lion" application from the Apps Store.

I followed the directions in HT4178 and when I use the option key then selecting the Purchases Tab, I do not get "Download" changing to "Install". If I select "Download" it warns me that I already have the most current OS version. What am I doing wrong?

Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, MacMini Server(10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 7:36 PM

Hi,

first click on "Download" in the AppStore to get the last version of Mountain Lion. Say that you want to download it even if it's already installed.

It should download in the Application folder.

At the end of the download, do not install but close the dialog box and leave the installer where it is.

Then use use System Image Utility that you can find in System/Library/Core Services.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2012 7:36 PM in response to sysx

Hi,

first click on "Download" in the AppStore to get the last version of Mountain Lion. Say that you want to download it even if it's already installed.

It should download in the Application folder.

At the end of the download, do not install but close the dialog box and leave the installer where it is.

Then use use System Image Utility that you can find in System/Library/Core Services.

OS X Server: Creating NetBoot Image

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.