Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to connect MacBook Air os 10.7.3 to ethernet. Have Thunderbolt to Ethernet adaptor but doesn't see it. Will os 10.7.5 solve problem or do I need 10.7.4 plus adaptor update 1.2.1?

I am trying to connect MacBook Air with os 10.7.3 to ethernet. I have a Thunderbolt to Ethernet adaptor but I can't see it or any LAN and the System Preferences Networking only offers WiFi or Bluetooth.. Will os 10.7.5 solve problem or do I need 10.7.4 plus adaptor update 1.2.1? Once updated should I just plug in to see the LAN?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 4:20 PM

5 replies

Sep 26, 2012 9:07 AM in response to Robertsman

I have the same issue. I have a MacBook Air with OS 10.7.2 originally installed, but I updated to 10.7.5 (it says in "About this Mac" that I have OS 10.7.5 now, so that must've been a successful installation I guess) and it still doesn't recignize the adapter. When I try to install the thunderbolt update 1.2.1, it says it needs OS 10.7.4 and won't go on with the installation.

Oct 19, 2012 8:04 AM in response to anja_i-m

What finally worked for me was noticing that "Bluetooth PAN" was connected and letting me browse, when I wasn't actually connected to a Bluetooth PAN device! Turns out my Mac was confused, calling the connection Bluetooth PAN when it was actually the Display Ethernet.

I disconnected the display, deleted Display Ethermet, Display FireWire, and Bluetooth PAN. Apply, the plugged the display back in. Then added back the Display Ethernet and Apply. Presto, works fine now.

Trying to connect MacBook Air os 10.7.3 to ethernet. Have Thunderbolt to Ethernet adaptor but doesn't see it. Will os 10.7.5 solve problem or do I need 10.7.4 plus adaptor update 1.2.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.