Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a blank DYMO label in Pages that orients the right way.

Has anyone figured out how to create a Pages ('09 v4.2) template that works for Dymo printers (in this case, the 400 Turbo).

I'm well-versed in creating all sorts of templates and sizes, and I in fact have used a Word template for my Dymo printers for years.

But I haven't figured out how to get Pages and Dymo sizing to in an easy fashion.

In the attached image, the template is sized correctly, and prints correctly. But because it's oriented North and South, I have to use a Text Box that has been turned -90º. This is fine for printing, but the way Pages works, when a turned Text Box is clicked on, it orients standard East-West, for easier viewing.

But in this case, the East-West view hides a portion of the Text Box. In the image attached, the text reads "This is sample text. This is more sample text."

Is there a way to get either DYMO or Pages to print correctly, using a template that runs the East-West orientation. Or alternatively, is there a way to set up a Pages template/doc so that there's more space on the left side, so I can see the entire Text Box?

I hope this makes sense!

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 14 gigs of Ram, MBA

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 4:57 PM

What you are saying is that the labels are actually landscape (wider than they are tall)?

Menu > File > Page Setup… > Orientation: click on the landscape (2nd) button

Peter

2 replies

Creating a blank DYMO label in Pages that orients the right way.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.