Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keynote not opening anymore

hello. I just saved a keynote presentation, closed it and its not opening anymore. The error says: cannot be open as it is not a valid keynote data.

what can I do?

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 6:14 PM

FOUND THE SOLUTION. 🙂

Thanks for posting your solution. Unfortunately it didn't work for me. It looks like my keynote file/folder is missing the index.apxl file. I took one of another keynote file and it opened, but didnd't show any of my previous work but the structure of the other file. So I assume the index.apxl is what contains all the slide-structure and text. If that file is gone your entire presentation is gone.

Time machine would be useful to at least recreate an older version, but unfortunately (what I didn't know) Time Machine does not save the iDisc folders which are saved locally. Bad luck for me. God save your presentations and backups.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2012 6:14 PM in response to Jens Landmann

FOUND THE SOLUTION. 🙂

Thanks for posting your solution. Unfortunately it didn't work for me. It looks like my keynote file/folder is missing the index.apxl file. I took one of another keynote file and it opened, but didnd't show any of my previous work but the structure of the other file. So I assume the index.apxl is what contains all the slide-structure and text. If that file is gone your entire presentation is gone.

Time machine would be useful to at least recreate an older version, but unfortunately (what I didn't know) Time Machine does not save the iDisc folders which are saved locally. Bad luck for me. God save your presentations and backups.

keynote not opening anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.