Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How am I supposed to upgrade my OS when I need the App Store but I'm on Leopard 10.5?

I'm on 10.5 and wasn't planning to upgrade but now that I have an iPhone 5 I'm being forced to. At the moment I'm unable to activate my phone because I've got iTunes 10.6 (obviously) because I'm still on Leopard... and I can't activate from iCloud because while backing up my iPhone 4 it got canceled somehow and erased a lot of my information...

I considered activating it as a new phone but regardless I'd have to update my iTunes to use it anyway...

iPhone 5, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 6:47 PM

As of about a week ago, calling 1-800-MY-APPLE and paying $19 for an SL disk, then letting Software Update take you to 10.6.8 will give you App Store. Unless Apple stopped selling it and only Amazon/e-bay are left as sources.

1 reply

How am I supposed to upgrade my OS when I need the App Store but I'm on Leopard 10.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.