Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is anyone else getting an err = -5000 message on the album extra's for deadmau5's new album >album title goes here< ??

All of the songs work just fine. It's just the extra's that won't download.

Windows 7

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 7:47 PM

5 replies

Sep 25, 2012 8:18 PM in response to lambotherabbit

Doublechecking again. From how you're describing things, it doesn't sound like you've tried deleting the downloads folder as described in the instructions in the relevant section of the document.

Just on the off chance that you're horribly confused and haven't been looking in the right place (even though you claim you have), here's a cut and paste of the relevant part of the instructions:

"Error -50," "-5000," "8003," "8008," or "-42023"

These alerts occur due to timeouts or conflicts trying to write a file during download.

If you encounter this issue while while downloading something from the iTunes Store:

Delete your iTunes Downloads folder, located in:

Mac OS X:
 ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Downloads Note: "iTunes Media" may appear as "iTunes Music. Also, the tilde (~) refers to your Home directory.

Windows Vista:
 \Users\username\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\

Windows 7:
 \Users\username\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\

Windows XP:
 \Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\

After locating your iTunes Downloads folder:

1. Quit iTunes.
  2. Delete the Downloads folder on your computer.
  3. Open iTunes.
  4. Choose Store > Check for Available Downloads.
  5. Enter your account name and password.

Is anyone else getting an err = -5000 message on the album extra's for deadmau5's new album >album title goes here< ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.