Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can a macbook air 13-inch perform with the creative suite?, can a macbook air 13-inch perform with the creative suite?

does the Macbook Air (13-inch) have enough grunt to run the creative suite?

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 11:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2012 11:50 PM

Adobe claims it will.

IMHO I would not expect it to be a belchfire platform to run it on.

Allan

7 replies

Sep 25, 2012 11:56 PM in response to AJ_

I do run CS6 on an MBA, and it works. As Allan states, it's not lightning fast, but it works just fine. If you juggle files several hundreds of MB in size, close all other apps not needed to free RAM, bring a few seconds more time, and get used to the fan being audible from time to time.

Other than that, again, just fine.

Sep 26, 2012 6:15 AM in response to AJ_

I'm running it on my 2011 computer and I agree with Allan and LousyFool. Compared to the newest iMacs and MacBookPros, the MBA runs Creative Suite just fine thanks but it is a little slow. OTOH, I also run it on a 2009 MacBookPro and a 2009 iMac. Compared to those computers, the MBA not only runs just fine, but sings. So it is a matter of perspective.

Sep 26, 2012 6:24 AM in response to dwb

dwb,

Compared with the other older machines you're listing, I guess the MBA benefits from having an SSD which compensates for some loss of speed due to limited RAM (shared by graphics) and somewhat limited CPU power, I suspect.

AJ_, if you haven't purchased yet, for power usage see that you get the i7 option. I did, and I don't regret.

Sep 26, 2012 6:36 AM in response to LousyFool

LousyFool - it doesn't matter why the 2011 MBA is faster than the older machines. The point is that not all that long ago we considered those to be very fast computers and were very pleased by how CS ran on them. Today we have much faster computers and CS runs even faster on them. Or, as I flat out said, it is a matter of perspective.

can a macbook air 13-inch perform with the creative suite?, can a macbook air 13-inch perform with the creative suite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.