Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages can not be professionally used by French speaking users

There's no way to put it simpler. Please consider un-archiving this (three years old!) discussion: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2109023?start=60&tstart=0

And Apple, please consider updating Pages, unless you consider that French is on the verge of extinction? How many French-speaking users buy a Mac to actually work with it? Among those people, how many have to write for their work? Don't you want to have these people buy Pages instead of Word?

I was waiting for the iCloud sync (finally active with Mountain Lion) to finally switch from Word to Pages, but your contempt for French is frustrating, not to say almost insulting.

French only requires individable spaces before ; ? : ! and between brackets. If I knew how to code, I guess it would take 8 minutes to add to Pages. But I can only imagine the frustration encountered by even-less-frequently-used languages.

Please don't give me the alt+space tip to add undividable spaces. It's like using a different pen each time you want to write a .

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 3:23 AM

3 replies

Sep 26, 2012 8:07 AM in response to Backintosh

To have your comments reach Apple, rather than just other users like yourself, you should repost them at

http://www.apple.com/feedback/pages.html

if you have not done so already.

To be realistic you should probably move on to some app that does meet your needs. Arabic/Hebrew users have been waiting 7 years for basic bugs to be fixed and most have long ago gone to other programs. With no significant update in the last 3 years, and no ability even to display the Apple Color Emoji Font introduced over a year ago, one has to wonder whether Pages has a future.

May 16, 2013 1:31 PM in response to Backintosh

There are a great many issues with Pages, some quite serious others more annoying.

Apple seems to not want to deal with them, and their customers keep buying it so they are under no great pressure to spend even the relatively small amount of resources it would take to fix.

I do not entrust any major work to Pages or work that needs to be still accessable and usable in the long term.

That said it is still usable for light work.

Peter

Pages can not be professionally used by French speaking users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.