Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio sync not consistent in FCE4.0

I have a copy of Final Cut Express. I am using a Zoom H1 as an external audo recorder in conjunction with a Canon SX30is. When I attempt to sync the audio in final Cut Express, the begining of the clip remains in sync however toward the end of the clip, the audio and video goes out of sync. Is there anything in Final Cut 4 that I can do to remedy this?

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 3:05 AM

6 replies

Sep 27, 2012 4:27 AM in response to Alchroma

Thank you but I do not believe that my issue is being clearly conveyed. See audio is fine as the entire sound track was recorded in one take with the Zoom H1. However the Video with reference audio, has to be recorded in 20 minute increments on my Canon SX30IS. This makes syncing the video to the audio very dificult as the audio does not slow down or speed up however the video (After it has been rendered) does. Toward the begining of the clip the two are in sync however towards the end they are not. This means I will have to go through each of the video clips with the reference audio and cut away frames to keep the audio in sync. I was hoping that Final Cut Express 4 had a way to remedy this without me having the need to do so manually.

Sep 27, 2012 6:19 AM in response to IpOdToUcHneWbIe

Me thinking a bit more.

• 1. Can there be any drop outs on the Video part.

Drop outs in video can be minute and hard to see - but in final out of sync result.

• 2. The Zoom H1 - should deliver continous files if set right.

YES I got a several hour session when converting LP-vinyl to digital and set the ZOOM H1n wrongly so I ended up with hundreds of audio clips and when putting them together I found lot's of gap's.

Now recording important material in 48kHz WMA - then converted to .aiff and all's well.

Yours Bengt W

Audio sync not consistent in FCE4.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.