Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No chapter list in podcast / Fast Forward issues

No chapter list in podcast.

When I listen to music and press fast forward it would go the next chapter of the podcast but now it seems it goes to the next podcast.

Is there a setting or something I am missing or not aware of?

Very annoying when I download music podcast and cannot move to the next chapter!

ARGHHHHH

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 4:07 AM

6 replies

Sep 28, 2012 1:38 PM in response to Digglar

Am a subscriber to the Economist Audio Edition. The podcast consists of around 8hrs of audio in approx. 100 chapters per week. I also was annoyed that in iOS6 you can't just jump a chapter back or forward.

However for this podcast the chapter names are back since iOS6.

I did not find a possibility to change jumping from podcasts to chapters... Definitely needs to be fixed.

iPhone 5

Nov 29, 2012 10:44 AM in response to Digglar

i feel your pain.

after some messing around with siri, the music app and the podcast app. here's a solution that works (kind-of). i hate it, but i'm a subscriber of the economist too and this is the only way i know to play individual chapters.

basically if you can get music app -- note NOT the iTunes app and NOT the podcast app, but specifically your music app --, to start playing your podcast then you can see the chapter list inside that podcast.

the problem is that there is no easy way to launch your music app and point it at your podcast (how dumb is that ?). the work around i've found is to use siri. if you say 'play the economist podcast', siri uses the music app to start playing the podcast. and lo-and-behold, you can see the chapters !

hope this helps. apple really need to fix this.

(iphone 5)

Jan 5, 2013 10:57 AM in response to Digglar

Try this:

1. Delete Podcasts app

2. Go to Music app

3. Click the More tab at bottom

4. Podcasts should show up here. If not, click Edit and see if Podcasts can be added.

If it doesn't work, try syncing, closing and reopening Music.

Further, you can find the podcast in iTunes and right-click on it then click on Show in Playlist and you can select to show it in the Podcasts list or in another playlist (you must have already dragged the podcast into this alternative playlist for it to show up as an option). I believe it won't show in both places.

No chapter list in podcast / Fast Forward issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.