Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages Settings in Profile Manager 2.1 Mountain Lion

Just want to let anyone and everyone know about something that I've found in Profile Manager.

I have been messing about with Messages, trying to get it set up without any success but I have found something that could be useful to anyone else in the same situation.

When applying messages settings to a Profile it seems to spoil all other settings, or at least Dock settings.

I set up my Dock and other settings for a group and all was fine. I then added the messages settings to the group and all of the Dock settings were removed leaving just Finder and the Trash Can in the dock.

Removing the Messages setting restored the previous Dock settings and everything is back to normal. Perhaps I am doing something wrong but this seems to be a bit of a bug with Profile Manager.

On a side note, I'd really appreciate some help with setting Messages up. I work in a school where it would be great if the teachers could use Messages as instant messaging between classrooms.

Mac mini Server (Mid 2011), OS X Server

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 3:34 AM

There are no replies.

Messages Settings in Profile Manager 2.1 Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.