Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An invalid public movie atom was found in the movie.

I could open an .m4v / .mp4 that I had created using Subler using QuickTime X and iTunes perfectly.

However, with the same files I could not add to Compressor, I attempted to create a reference movie using QuickTime Player 7, but after opening using QTP7 I get the error: An invalid public movie atom was found in the movie.

I'm using the latest OS X, iTunes, Compressor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Compressor, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 3:46 AM

14 replies

Sep 28, 2012 3:40 PM in response to iAlias

Got it to open in QT 7 and QT X...here is what I had to do.

The video had 2 extensions when I download it... Final Fantasy Xll Trailer.m4v.mp4

I removed the .mp4 and it opened in QT X, QT 7 and MPEG Streamclip. If you the more than 1 extions, remove them a leave m4v.

The only problem I had with QT was, the audio is AC3 and the audio would not play QT 7. (I don't have Perian installed.) QT 7 will not play AC3 audio files. It might play these audio files if Perian is installed. Quicktime X played both audio and video.

Compressor 4 opened the video file but the audio did not play or compress. Because it's a AC3 audio file and Compressor won't read AC3 audio files.

Download the file that you posted on dropbox and work from that.

An invalid public movie atom was found in the movie.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.