Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps user corrections- anyone seen any improvements?

In Apple Maps, there is a "report an error" option whereby users can correct wrong data (eg incorrectly placed pins, mis-spellings, businesses that no longer exist etc).

48 hours ago, I made numerous corrections to maps both in Zurich and in the UK, but to date none of these corrections has appeared on the map - the info is still incorrect.

Some questions:

1 Has anyone seen his/her corrections actually take effect?

2 If so, were these effected for US maps or for maps outside the USA?

3 What sort of time scale for corrections to take effect should we be looking at?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4),  MacBook Air 2010, 3 iPods, iPad2

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 4:55 AM

21 replies

Sep 26, 2012 5:05 AM in response to FelipeV

FelipeV wrote:

Nobody here has the answer to that as nobody here works for Apple.

But logic would dictate that you cannot expect for your corrections to be made within 24 hours of you submitting them. The team is most likely busy and swamped with thosands of corrections. They will be implemented with time.

I don't understand your comments - please re-read what I wrote.

In response to your comments:

1 users submit the corrections, so they (the users) will see whether or not their submitted corrections have been implemented

2 I didn't say that I "expected" anything, I simply asked if anyone has seen any corrections

3 I said 48 hours ago, not "within 24 hours"

Sep 26, 2012 11:43 AM in response to John Potts

I have submitted numerous ones, the Apple Maps says there's a giant body of water near me.... IN THE CALIFORNIA INLAND DESERT. (And NOT the Salton Sea). It's funny because it's a riverbed from thousands of years ago that now hosts one of the largest Wind farms in america! 😁

Look up Whitewater River in Palm Springs on Apple Maps and then look at the same area with the satellite and google maps!

When are the changes going to start taking over?

Sep 27, 2012 5:08 AM in response to John Potts

And obviously you did not understand the gist of my general answer to your general question. As I implied, logic would dictate implementing corrections are a matter of time, resources and priorities, not whether you are in the US or the EU or wherever. I picked 24 hours as an arbitary figure for illustrative purposes; it could have been 24,48,72,96 or 120 hours: it is irrelevant.

Now which do you think will get corrected earlier:

1) 5000 people a day report that Zurich airport in not where is should be?

2). one person every 6 months report that the intersection of ChaCha pedestrian train and CuchiCuchi dirt road is south of WiggaWigga encampment instead of north, in rural Wyoming?

Sep 30, 2012 6:43 PM in response to John Potts

John Potts wrote:

FelipeV wrote:

Nobody here has the answer to that as nobody here works for Apple.

But logic would dictate that you cannot expect for your corrections to be made within 24 hours of you submitting them. The team is most likely busy and swamped with thosands of corrections. They will be implemented with time.

I don't understand your comments - please re-read what I wrote.

In response to your comments:

1 users submit the corrections, so they (the users) will see whether or not their submitted corrections have been implemented

2 I didn't say that I "expected" anything, I simply asked if anyone has seen any corrections

3 I said 48 hours ago, not "within 24 hours"

I don't understand why you don't understand. A company the size of Apple receives thousands of comments and requests. It is unreasonable to expect they can act on all of those within 48 hours.

Sep 30, 2012 7:14 PM in response to Tgara

The question was if anyone had seen any of their requests acknowledged and amended; not all of them.

The question was not "Why aren't all my corrections showing up yet?" Which is the one you keep trying to answer.

It is entirely reasonable to wonder if any of the 'Report A Problem' changes, on planet Earth, are happening, or if they have yet to start editing the map.

Oct 2, 2012 12:43 AM in response to avantsweater

Thanks Adam and Rysz for your feedback. I've been reading other threads, and from what I can see, nobody is reporting that his/her submitted corrections have been implemented so far. These users are both US and non-US based.

On those threads, users have asked the same question as I posed above: what sort of time-frame should we be looking at? Apple has said that user-contributed input (aka corrections) will make Maps "even better" (sic!), so it would be nice to hear that somebody, somewhere, is seeing his/her corrections implemented.

By the way and for your information FelipeV, Adam Leier was not "begging the question" at all - you evidently don't know what this expression means.

Oct 4, 2012 1:59 AM in response to Rysz

Rysz wrote:

Just an update... As of today, the satellite maps for my location have been changed to much, much better quality. As to POI corrections, one, previously missing, label has been added, but no other submitted corrections have been picked up.

Thanks Rysz - some good news at last! I checked some of the satellite maps for the UK, but sadly nothing has improved yet. But your experience gives me hope that they will be replaced by ones without total cloud cover or heavily-pixellated images, or at least in colour rather than B&W.

Interesting that none of your POI corrections have appeared to date, though a POI addition has. At least something is moving regarding POI!

None of my corrections has taken effect as yet, just for information. I'll try some additions rather than corrections, and see what happens.

Nov 26, 2012 4:16 AM in response to John Potts

Wow...this is just getting a bit silly. I reported a few POI errors as of the first day I downloaded IOS 6 and I just checked and none of them have yet been implemented (Central coast,Australia)

Has anyone yet seen any changes been made after reporting errors...?

Forget about trying to get businesses listed in there if they can't even get these things right....

/Fred

Apple Maps user corrections- anyone seen any improvements?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.