Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard/mouse hanging for several minutes at startup since 10.8.2 update

Also, my whole message was just eaten when I tried to delete a table that you had "helpfully" created when I copied a line of log input to the message. Thanks, Apple. Can I have a plaintext edit mode. No, not HTML. Plain text. No markup at all.

OK, to the topic.

Since the 10.8.2 update, when I turn my Mac Mini Core i7 the keyboard and mouse do not respond for several minutes after the login screen appears.

* They are recognized. If I unplug the USB keyboard, it prompts me for a Bluetooth keyboard, and when it does start responding typing I had done while it was frozen appears in the login name input box.

* No, using the bluetooth keyboard instead doesn't change the behavior.

* Suggestive log messages:

[IOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Received Bluetooth Controller register service notification

[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

[IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService

0 0 dgmdmcontrol: start - Failed to find the CDC driver

virtual bool IOHIDEventSystemUserClient::initWithTask(task_t, void *, UInt32): Client task not privileged to open IOHIDSystem for mapping memory (e00002c1)

Sandbox: sandboxd(265) deny mach-lookup com.apple.coresymbolicationd (I get LOTS of these)

* This is not new to 10.8.2, but when the login cames up there is a warning dialog attached to the login name box telling me that network logins are not available. Neither this Mac nor the laptop I migrated from have ever been configured for network logins.

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 6:00 PM

Solved by removing old startup modules and upgrading Temperature Monitor.

4 replies

Keyboard/mouse hanging for several minutes at startup since 10.8.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.