Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6, cannot connect to Cellular Data

I have updated to iOS 6 last week, and since then, cannot get any signal from Cellular Data. It's really so inconvenient, apple, would you please fix this problem ASAP...?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 5:42 AM

7 replies

Sep 26, 2012 5:45 AM in response to aaccoouunntt

Welcome to the forums, aaccoouunntt.

You didn't read, or perhaps you didn't understand, the Terms of Use of this forum that YOU agreed to by signing up to post.

Had you read or understood these terms, you would realize that you're not addressing Apple here, only users like yourself. Your plea to Apple on this forum makes you look foolish and ridiculous and just wastes everyone's time here, including your own.

If you have a technical support issue, please state it clearly, concisely and what you've done to troubleshoot your issue. Someone will help you in no time.

Best,

GDG

Oct 8, 2012 11:54 AM in response to aaccoouunntt

I Updated my 4S to IOS6 on Sept 21st from that day on, I has no cellular data. Fortunately, my WIFI was NOT greyed out and I was able to get email and use the Internet while at a hot spot. During this time, My wife recieved a new iphone5 with IOS6 on it. She had the same problem as soon as the phone was activated, No Cellular Data. In her case, the "fix" was to wipe out the phone, set it up as a NEW phone and reinstall all her apps, email etc and then set everything back up.

In my case, Apple sent me another 4S with IOS5.1 installed. I restored from backup and was finally able to use my phone as of this weekend. No, I do NOT plan to "upgrade" the IOS 6 until at least the next release.

Sep 25, 2015 3:22 AM in response to aaccoouunntt

Same exact issue w Cellular on all device, can not enable/ turn on Cellular to anything unchecked b4 update! I also noticed other fields deselect themselves if I turn them on; Restrictions, Low Battery, changes allowed, or any ON toggles back OFF. TO THE JERK WHO RESPONDED for you to take your problem elsewhere needs to remove themselves from this forum period. This is exactly what & why the support forum is here, it's a community & allows users to give insight, feedback & addressing concerns. Ask any question you want!‼️ You can issue feedback for the update on this forum page here--- > http://apple.com/feedback/iphone.html, this allows developers to resolve new problems or to continue forward w what was created specifically from everyone's responses. Try to reboot (Home & Power botton together for 20secs) check carrier update, downgrade to iOS 8... Or try these steps some sd it worked 4 them.

1) In Settings>Cellular, set everything that you want to have on and off

2) In Settings>General>Restrictions>Cellular Data Use, make sure "Don't Allow Changes" is checked off, then back out that menu

3) Go back to Settings>Cellular, then toggle Cellular Data to OFF, wait a few seconds, then toggle Cellular Data back to ON

From what I gathered, the next update will release in 1 month, yikes!. Also, the more people who view this question or click "Helpful" will draw attention from the engeniers & thus fixing the bug. Good luck WP

iOS 6, cannot connect to Cellular Data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.