8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2012 1:57 PM by ssonmez
ssonmez Level 1 (0 points)

I just want the page is turned, showing a bird's flight animation work. (Not video)

Is it possible to automatically run a HTML5 animation in iBooks Author?

Mac mini, iOS 5.1.1, iBooks Author, HTML5, animation
  • ssonmez Level 1 (0 points)

Anybody know that?

• K T Level 7 (23,705 points)

Where would you put it? Inside an HTML widget?

• tk0us Level 2 (265 points)

the only widget I know of (as of today) that plays automatically is the 3D when you select Auto-rotate object when idle.

many html5 codings do not work in iBooks including WebGL

as KT asked, if you put an html5 animation inside an html widget you can automatically "run" the animation when the widget is activated

An iBuild Opportunity series has many examples of animations playing automatically after the reader activates the widget

hope this helps...

Yes inside an HTML widget.

As tk0us said, if you put an html5 animation inside an html widget you can automatically "run" the animation when the widget is activated. Speak up if you need details you can't puzzle out on your own.

Test on an iPad to confirm it behaves as you intend.

But  problem is this. "when the widget is activated" / "reader activates the widget"

let's say you need a bird flight animation. Turning the Page you want to play with itself.

I know an application can do that and more interactivity. But I need in ibooks author.

Beyond the opening media autoplay feature, iBooks via iBooks Author do not offer that level of content fluidity, sorry.

Consider making an app if you need that level of functionality.

Thank you K T.

I believe that, if this feature is added, the book developers will do great things.