Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call notification-options not working

Hi,

there are the typical three alert styles for notifications of the telephone app.

1. No notification

2. Banner

3. Alerts (a dialog box)

This is what it looks like. Yes it's the settings for an other app, but they are the same.

http://www.shoutmeloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Set-push-notification-in-i Phone.jpg

I tried them all on iOS 5 and 6 but the didn't change the notification of calls, which always are displayed as a special screen with two buttons (Answer + Decline).

This is what it looks like.

http://thetechhead.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/incoming-phone-call.png

So what for are these notification settings?

iPhone 4S + iOS 6

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 8:49 AM

5 replies

Oct 22, 2012 11:11 AM in response to Tohu

iPhone4S + IOS 6 + Verizon

I had the same problems as you had today. After a vendor tried to call me - I heard the beep, no notification, never went to vm - never knew who it was. This is what I did

1. I killed all the apps

2. I shut down the phone and restarted

3. Tested (2 times with different numbers) the call wait and it worked as it used to be before the IOS 6 upgrade.

I also manually never did restart after the upgrade was done. This may be a solution for others.

Oct 23, 2012 5:02 AM in response to Roshanalex

Roshanalex,

as far as i can tell, the notification settings aren't for missed calls. If i miss a call then there is no direct notification (Banner or Alert (dialog box)). All i get is a message on lockscreen, a message in

Notification Center and the red icon on the app. But i never got a Banner or Alert for anything related with the telephone app.

I do get Alerts or Banners for new voice messages. But these notifications stem from the message app.

I really want to know what these notification settings are intended for. Maybe someone provide a screenshot of an Alert or Banner notification from his telephone app…

Call notification-options not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.