Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro Retina eye strain

Hello people,

I've been using my rMBP for a little over a week now, and I'm having some terrible eyestrain problems. I also have an iPhone 4S and an iPad 2 and I have no problems with the screens on those devices, but this rMBP is killing me. It makes my vision blurry, I feel sick and I get headaches. It really isn't okay. In doing some research, it looks like the problem might be that when the screen is not at full brightness, the brightness is controlled by the screen rapidly flashing on and off. The lower the brightness, the slower the flashing. That doesn't bother most people's eyes, but some people have a sensitivity to it, and it seems like I'm one of those people.

I'm trying it on full brightness today and it seems better so far, but I don't want my screen on full brightness all the time. It's REALLY bright. Does anyone have a solution? Does anyone know if Apple is getting its rMBP displays from more than one manufacturer, so maybe the other manufacturer's display would be slightly different than this one?

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 9:37 AM

4 replies

Sep 26, 2012 9:43 AM in response to jondrac

Im not a doctor so I don't know any solution from your end but from the computer end I think the only solution is really to return and get a different computer.

It's REALLY bright. Does anyone have a solution? Does anyone know if Apple is getting its rMBP displays from more than one manufacturer, so maybe the other manufacturer's display would be slightly different than this one?

Samsung and LG make screens for the rMBP.

Based on you saying it's really bright I think you have a Samsung screen.

Do not try to get an LG screen under any circumstances.

Macbook Pro Retina eye strain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.