Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my windows xp does not show ipod nano in devices and consequently I cannot sync

I have uninstalled itunes and reinstalled itunes but I cant get itunes to sync. In fact ipod does not appear in a pane on itunes at all. I looked in the add hardware and the wizard shows an unknown device there it has a yellow ? next to it. Could this be the ipod? Itunes is meant to start when i plug in my ipod I think - but it starts the ipod but not itunes. I have to start itunes from the start menu. Another question; I want to sync because I have created a visualisation sound file mp3 for my sport - can I add this to my ipod. I have managed to get it into the library but off course cant sync.

iPod nano, Windows XP

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 12:51 PM

3 replies

Oct 12, 2012 10:07 PM in response to pelmut

I've had this problem too, and it didn't even appear in windows as a drive. Go to Start > Control Panel > Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus Controllers > And if you see a USB listed with an exclamation point, there could be an error with your iPod which is causing it not to be recognized when plugged in.

Select the USB with the yellow exclamation point, Right-click and uninstall. Unplug USB and replug it in. This will install another USB driver and this should do it!

Thanks!

my windows xp does not show ipod nano in devices and consequently I cannot sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.