Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error Code -8003

The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8003).

The above is what I get trying to empty the trash. What is error code - 8003 and how do I get rid of it? I have tried the empty / secure empty. Holding down the shift key while trying to empty. Even tried the "safe mode" start, no difference. There is nothing that comes up from searching for this code on the internet or in the Apple site.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 1:59 PM

4 replies

Sep 26, 2012 2:02 PM in response to Ukidding

Copy/paste ONLY the following in to a Terminal window (in Applications>Utilities.)

sudo rm -rf

Then, important, leave a space and drag in the item you want to remove. Then hit return. You will be prompted for your admin password, which when you enter it, won't appear anywhere and you will be given a warning. Proceed by hitting return again. Note: it won't go to the Trash; it will be deleted immediately. When finished, just close the Terminal window.

Sep 26, 2012 2:37 PM in response to WZZZ

Well, that did the trick. Thank you. What was that all about? The second one that I drug into the window, which was Adobe Reader (299 MB) didn't ask for anything, no password, and the text was just in there (the name and location of the application). so I closed the window and it's gone, not sure where it went.

Error Code -8003

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.