Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplex (2 sided printing) Problem

I have two different types of printers that support Duplex printing: Brother HL-2270DW and a Cannon MX-510.

When I open up the print dialogue box under some programs (Firefox, Microsoft Outlook, Safari) the print dialogue box has a check box for "Two-Sided" printing. When checked, the printers will print out on two sides.

Under other programs, (Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat) a different type of print dialogue box opens without a "Two-Sided" box option. I checked the various drop down boxes within the print dialogue box, and none seem to allow for two sided printing.

My question, how can I get two sided printing under Word, Excel & Adobe Acrobat?

The printers work fine when offered the option of two sided printing, so I don't think it's a printing problem.

I get the same print dialogue box under Word, Excel or Adobe Acrobat, so I don't think it's a program issue.

Any suggestions?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 2:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2013 9:09 PM

One work around I just discovered is to click on the "PDF" button in the lower left of the Word print dialog box. In the drop down menu that appears, click on "Open PDF in Preview."

While the resulting file is open in Preview, you can print and the duplex option appears in the print dialog box for Preview. Bingo, double-sided printing.

(Of course, it's lame that it doesn't just appear in the first place in Word!)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2013 9:09 PM in response to JeffcNick

One work around I just discovered is to click on the "PDF" button in the lower left of the Word print dialog box. In the drop down menu that appears, click on "Open PDF in Preview."

While the resulting file is open in Preview, you can print and the duplex option appears in the print dialog box for Preview. Bingo, double-sided printing.

(Of course, it's lame that it doesn't just appear in the first place in Word!)

Duplex (2 sided printing) Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.