Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purple Haze on iPhone 5 Photos

How many of y'all are experiencing a purple haze on your iPhone 5 photos? I initially thought this was because I have a purple TPU case on the phone, but after removing it the haze was still there.

Anybody else?

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 3:30 PM

111 replies

Sep 30, 2012 11:29 AM in response to Tieria

Yep. As any photographer will tell you, you take the photo that you can with the camera that's to hand at the moment that you see it - everything else comes later.

As for 'distorted'? No, they're not 'distorted', merely 'obeying the optical laws of physics' within practicle constraints. Yes, that IS simple! 😉

Seriously though, having an 8mpx camera to hand is wonderful. Most people wouldn't notice any issue for 95% of their shots, particularly when a significant proportion of shots are either discarded, cropped or otherwise reprocessed for 'effect'/'after-effect' anyway. My (much more expensive) Nikon separate lenses are not without issues (if I go looking for them), but here we're talking about a small and lightweight lens IN a small and lightweight camera IN a small and lightweight phone.

Looking at the iPhone5 lens specification, it looks like Apple's done a pretty good job fitting it in as part of a phone, but as always, anyone who is unhappy with what they see, they can always return it and get their money back.

Now, that IS simple! 🙂 (It must be, because even I can cope with that!)

Oct 1, 2012 2:17 PM in response to paulofromsouthwick

I really do not think getting a new phone is going to make a difference. I've tried numerous models and tested out some from a local Apple Store. They all do it. This is just possibly how this camera is going to work which is all in all unacceptable to me.

I understand it is not a big deal to everyone but the camera is the most important feature. I could take photos of whatever I liked with the 4 and 4S and not have to worry about the purple haze being this bad.

Purple Haze on iPhone 5 Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.