Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I delete e-mail all mail

I have thousands of e-mails in my gmail 'ALL' mailbox. How do I get rid of them?

I went to my gmail account but don't see where I can delete these e-mails.

I have sn IMAP account. Preferences are set to 'Move deleted messages to the trash mailbox / Save stored messages on the server / Permanently erase deleted messages when one month old.' I have the three boxes marked for one month deletes.

I read the other discussions and maybe there is no way to dump them. I didn't care until I started having the wheel with mail, now I think I better clean up some of the garbage.

Thanks,

Arudi

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 3:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 4:16 PM

I don't use Gmail, but you might want go to the mailbox, highlight 1 of the message then click command A, command delete

4 replies

Sep 26, 2012 4:41 PM in response to sanjampet

I thought that was it when I did what you said and all the messages highlighted dark blue and when clicked command A, all the messages dissappeared, but when I click on a different mailbox and then come back to 'ALL'

mailbox, the messages are still there, still highlighted.

They dissappeared but when you leave the box and then return, they are back again, still highlighted like they want to be deleted but are not.

Thanks. I'm open for all ideas.

how do I delete e-mail all mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.