Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match thinks I trying to match another library

Hello,

My problem is that I had to switch iTunes accounts while iTunes Match was finishing macthing my library to review my credit card info. When I went back to the account that was matching and enabled iTunes match, which was disabled automatically when i switched accounts, and tried to continue the process of matching then i got the message:

"Tunes Match is matching a library from another computer.

Only one library can be matched at a time. If you continue, the other iTunes Match session will be stopped and this computer's library will be matched instead."

Why iTunes thinks I'm using another library if its the same computer with the same iTumes 3 minutes later?

If I hit "Match this computer" will the 4 day painstaking process start from the beginning?

I would love not start this again,

Thanks oin advance for any light on this matter

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 4:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 9:19 PM

Hi, i also have two accounts and once in a while i need to switch between both of them too, based on my experience you have nothing to worry about, once you click ok itunes match will start to gather information again and make the normal process like always, iTmtch doesn't make the 4 day upload process all over again.

...Again, it's based in my experience, i've been there three times and nothing went wrong so far.

I hope I have been helpful and sorry if my grammar is bad, english isn't my native language

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2012 9:19 PM in response to jacko116

Hi, i also have two accounts and once in a while i need to switch between both of them too, based on my experience you have nothing to worry about, once you click ok itunes match will start to gather information again and make the normal process like always, iTmtch doesn't make the 4 day upload process all over again.

...Again, it's based in my experience, i've been there three times and nothing went wrong so far.

I hope I have been helpful and sorry if my grammar is bad, english isn't my native language

Jan 1, 2013 10:10 AM in response to jacko116

I had the same problem, but I don't want to click on "match this computer", because I have a couple hundred songs already in the Cloud that I have deleted from my computer and I think when I click it I will lose my music. Do you know how to get my iTunes Match running again like it originally did and I could get my music back?

Jan 1, 2013 10:50 AM in response to alex_s7

If I understand you correctly, you have deleted songs from you computer and are only now in the cloud. If you rerun match, it will scan you computer and will deal with the contents of you current library. It will not affect the songs that are already in the cloud. They will appear in your library with the cloud/download symbol shown - indicating that you can redownload track if required.

Jim

iTunes Match thinks I trying to match another library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.