Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New SIM for iPhone 5 Verizon

Need a new SIM for a verizon iphone 5 I bought on eBay, can I just go into an apple store and get one for free? Will this card work fine?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 5:08 PM

15 replies

Sep 26, 2012 5:47 PM in response to devinfromwest warwick

I wasn't able to find any nano SIM cards on launch day, and Verizon wasn't expecting to get any until this week. However, after a 24 hour waiting period, you can reactivate your SIM card on a different line of service. This is different than Verizon's typical 4G SIM cards, which become locked to a line once they're activated. I wasn't able to do it through the online portal, but calling 611 or 800-922-0204 and speaking to someone will do the trick.

Sep 26, 2012 7:11 PM in response to KiltedTim

Heres some posts on another forum:

"""

User uploaded file Originally Posted by zrxoa1 User uploaded file

I ended up just going to apple store and getting new sim since I had to go anyway for starting apple care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, I went to apple and they gave me a new SIM card after two diff Verizon stores didn't have anymore; otherwise I would have had to wait till Monday to get a new SIM card in the mail -___-"""

read many other situations like that, i guess ill just have to call the local apple store to see if they have sims. Its not as simple as it soudns to just go to the verizon store because I need to bring the head of my plan with me, which just makes for a hassle. But if the apple store doesnt have any I guess that will be my only option.

New SIM for iPhone 5 Verizon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.