Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Proof iOS6 on new iPad is a #FAIL

Hey all -

Upgraded to iOS6 on an iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad2 and a new iPad. All seem to work fine...EXCEPT the new iPad. I cannot stream ANY video on Safari or Chrome...youtube videos don't even work. But, I think I may have discovered proof of it. I have a digital copy of The Avengers on iCloud...and I am trying to download it to my new iPad...right now, after 3 hours, I have downloaded 43.2 MB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of 2.3 GB. It says I have 4635:40 hours left...so 193 days, or .53 Years.

My router, etc isn't relevant because it just doesn't work. Any one hear anything from apple, or have a solution. Check out my pic.User uploaded file

If you can't see it, it says 27.8MB of 2.3GB, 5496:49 remaining.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 7:29 PM

16 replies

Sep 27, 2012 7:30 PM in response to grubbii

Thanks for all your (non) help everyone. I DID a full restore and it fixed nothing. The iPad worked fine on iOS 5. Not only does the downloading of the movie stink, I cannot use any app that has embedded videos (break.com, abc news, or websites like comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com). All of which worked fine before the upgrade. Now, I have 15+ years in IT and am an executive at a Fortune 5 company. I may not know everything, but I know how to troubleshoot software issues. I do it everyday. So, besides the non helpful advice...anyone else care to pipe in with suggestions or a similar story as mine?

Sep 28, 2012 5:53 AM in response to grubbii

Since you're an executive with all your years of experience, surely you have resources at hand that you can explore to fix your issue instead of being condescending and rude to volunteers.

YOu have an issue with your device, you have an issue with your firewall, you have an issue with your bandwidth. In any case, it's something on your end and people on your end would probably be best suited to handle it.

You wish to communicate your feelings with apple, http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Sep 28, 2012 6:52 AM in response to grubbii

Amazing how people read tone on the internet. I can see that this issue is NOT only mine, but also that this forum will probably be no help. I appreciate the advice. For the record, numerous executives are hands on CIOs, etc. It's not all strategy all the time. Some of us like the keep current.

In any case, when something changes that used to work, you always look for environmental changes that could have caused it. Only environmental change here: loading iOS 6.

I'll take it to the apple store to look at.

Sep 28, 2012 7:10 AM in response to grubbii

While there could be a problem in iOS 6 you are overlooking this possibility: iOS 6 is now correctly using a feature of the wireless IEEE 802.11x protocols that iOS 5 didn't use. Unfortunately, this feature is incorrectly implemented in your WiFi router so you now have problems that you didn't have before.

There have been reports of this actually happening.

Check to make sure that your router has the latest firmware level from the manufacturer.

Test your iOS 6 iPad on some other networks to see if it functions there. If it does this isolates the problem to your network.

Sep 28, 2012 6:17 PM in response to grubbii

Actually, for those looking for an answer...I have a netear wn2500rp dual band range extender. The download speeds are only affected when on the 5GHz band using the extender. 5GHz direct to the router works, as does 2.4GHz on the extender. Extenders firmware is up to date, so, for now, I'm using 5Ghz directly connected to the router.

Sep 28, 2012 6:32 PM in response to grubbii

There is a postin is forum under wifi problems, and the title has solution in the subject line. The fix has to do with changing the channel selection on the 5mhz side to manual and selecting a specific channel. Or rather not allowing a certain channel to be used.

Search for "wifi solution", a good place to start. It may have relevance to your problem as it dealt with slow downloads.

Proof iOS6 on new iPad is a #FAIL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.