Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Midi Setup anomalies with USB Devices?

I am trying to figure out how Audio Midi Setup decides on its Port Assignments for USB devices and why.

Here is an image showing my setup.

http://screencast.com/t/uLPdgXUYYWw

I have 2 USB controllers (an Arturia Analog Laboratory Keyboard and Alesis IO Dock) that each have their own USB port and a single midi port for an external midi instrument. These show up properly in AM Setup with a single midi port in/out to connect to.

But 2 other USB controllers (Akai MPK 88 and Korg Pad Kontrol) show up with 3 ports, yet they have the same amount of physical ports as the Arturia Lab and IO Dock. I have tried editing this and this cannot be changed in the AM Setup preferences.

Then I have some USB only controllers and they show up as having an additional physical connection, which they do not (2 Korg nanos and a Korg MS20 Controller).

Lastly, I have an Alesis DM8 Pro Kit and it shows up twice. It is USB but the only physical connection is a Midi In.

Note that this is only for USB devices as all of my other hardware shows up fine. And my Unitor 8's show up as expected.

My primary sequencer is Logic and I am just trying to streamline how my devices are routed and not have a bunch of extra unusable ports showing up in my Library.

If anyone has any insight into how this works it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 8:38 PM

There are no replies.

Audio Midi Setup anomalies with USB Devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.