Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto '11 (version 9.4) Is Not Working With "My Photo Stream"

OS X 10.8.2

iPhoto '11 version 9.4 (701.64)

iOS 6 on iPhone 4 and third generation 64 GB WiFi iPad

All iCloud services I require are enabled on all three devices - most important for this issue being Photo Stream on my MBP (and, of course, my iPhone and iPad).

So, I am out of ideas and things to try here. I just want the photos in "My Photo Stream" to show up in the latest and greatest version of iPhoto. So far I have:

1. Disabled and re-enabled Photo Stream via iCloud preferences panel and in iPhoto itself using every possible combination of disable and enable between the two and ordering those disables and enables in every possible way with many MBP restarts.
  2. Reset Photo Stream via iCloud.com followed by the futility of repeating Step 1.
  3. Logged out of iCloud on my MBP, restarted, signed back into iCloud, restarted, launched iPhoto. Repeated Steps 1 and 2.
  4. Performed every repair and rebuild option for my iPhoto library's permissions, thumbnails and database. Repeated Steps 1 and 2.
  5. Went so far as to download and apply the 9.4 update manually hoping that maybe a reinstall of the update would correct something that might have gone wrong during some Software Update process when 9.4 was first made available. Repeated Steps 1, 2 and 4.

In the end, when I launch iPhoto and go to Photo Stream and open "My Photo Stream", sometimes I see it downloading a given number of photos and then it ends up saying "No photos". So what was downloaded? Where did those photos go? Sometimes when I launch iPhoto and go to "My Photo Stream" nothing happens at all and it just says "No Photos". And another strange thing is that "My Photo Stream" in iPhoto on my MBP indicates that it was updated March 5, 2012 and I can think of nothing special that happened on that date. I don't get it.

Why does my Photo Stream work perfrectly between my iPhone and iPad? What is the problem with iPhoto on my MBP? Am I the only one dealing with this specific issue?

I did not buy iPhoto from the App Store. I bought it outside of the App Store and have kept it updated. Is that a problem? If so, why? I do not see what reason Apple would have to make me pay for the same product twice.

I have not tried creating a shared stream yet. I see no reason to try that if I cannot get my own photo stream to work in iPhoto on my MBP.

Is there anything I am missing here. I have read the Photo Stream FAQ and myriad other support documents and community threads. I am a pretty savvy Apple guy with years of experience behind me and pretty much know what I am doing. But, I am human and maybe I'm missing somehting here. So, any help would most certainly be appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 9:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2012 7:07 AM

I guess I will wrap this up. I have abandoned iPhoto and viewing my Photo Streams using it and moved to Adobe products (Bridge + PS). So that's that.

1 reply

iPhoto '11 (version 9.4) Is Not Working With "My Photo Stream"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.