Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP 15 2010 Bluetooth connection problem to Bose Soundlink

MBP 15" early/mid 2010 BT connection to Bose Soundlink:

BT audio constantly dissolves into static then suddenly comes back at unpredictable intervals. The usual sequence is that the audio will start to flutter a little increase in intensity and eventually it will become a buzzing sound that pulses to the beat of the music.

To remedy, I have re-paired the unit several times, deleted/regenerated the BT plist, repaired permissions, disconnected & reconnected to BT and also made sure no other devices are utilizing BT on the MBP but the same thing always happens. I had this same experience with a Jambox that I subsequently returned and purchased the Bose, thinking it had been the Jambox's issue. I have also since tested the Bose with another Mac and it worked flawlessly for several hours. Pairing it back on to the MBP and the static came back in a short time, repeating all symptoms.

At this point, I'm feeling confident that my MBP is the issue and perhaps there's a defect with the BT. Does BT use anything like phase lock loop circuitry? It sounds like the BT signal is drifting off frequency then locks back into place. Any other input is appreciated.

MacBook Pro, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 9:46 PM

There are no replies.

MBP 15 2010 Bluetooth connection problem to Bose Soundlink

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.