Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Seeing content from other Window PC users iTunes libraries in any user's iTunes app in the same PC & on iPad(s)

I spent and hour searching for an answer and found many discussions that touched this issue, but not the exact issue. So here's the issue:

Background

I have one Windows 7 OS PC with two user accounts (ex. "Mommy" and "Daddy"), each with their own iTunes library (lastest version 10).

Each iTunes library has different (and some same) content. (Meaning that perhaps some songs, movies, etc. are in both accounts, but there is also unique content in each iTunes library.)

Also, each iTunes library has content purchased two different iTMS (Apple purchase accounts), XX@xxx.com and YY@xxx.com (or @me.com or whatever)

Problems

1.) When I am on the PC as user "Mommy", I want to see the content for user "Daddy". How do I do this?

2.) When on the iPad how to I view or listen to all the content from all libraries (note I am not in the US but Europe, thus our iTMS accounts, iTunes apps, iCloud aren't the same as the US ones, bummer!), both in

a.) wifi mode at home or

b.) when away (iCloud)?

3.) The ultimate goal is to see and use everything I have in all iTunes libraries on any device (dah, like I would assume most people want to do).

What I've already been done

I have (due to iPad "Remote" reasons) already activated homesharing within both iTunes libraries (using one iTMS account as instructed).

I can see each user's libraries (one at a time) in Remote but I can't see them in Music or Video on the iPad. The only music I can see are selections I've downloaded to or purchased directly while on my iPad (which I'd love to remove and only play from the iCloud. and that would be a 4.) issue.

Also I did the "open iTunes with options (shift key for windows PC)" trick and when selected the other user's library I have a access denied error message.

Thanks for any help!!!

iPad 2, iOS 6, Windows 7 PC

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 10:37 PM

There are no replies.

Seeing content from other Window PC users iTunes libraries in any user's iTunes app in the same PC & on iPad(s)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.