Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud View Options are gone in iTunes 10.7 for Win 7 32bit.

After updating iTunes to version 10.7 on Win 7 (32bit) I noticed that the iCloud specific View Options (column categories like "iCloud Status") are no longer included in the View Options list. It seems that those options are either just not visible at all, or were actually removed from the list altogether.

I've verified that those options still exist in the Mac version of iTunes 10.7, but would like others here to confirm if they still have those options available on their Win 7 version of iTunes 10.7.

Please let me know. Thanks.

iTunes 10.7-OTHER, Windows 7, Win 7 32bit

Posted on Sep 26, 2012 11:03 PM

7 replies

Sep 27, 2012 8:07 PM in response to BTXP

I have never used iTunes Match, so don't think this is a factor.

I have also confirmed that iTunes 10.7 for Mac shows these iCloud View Options whether or not

someone uses iTunes Match, so this should definitely not be a factor (I hope).

I did some quick research, and the only suggestion I found was to make sure you are logged in to the iTunes Store with your correct Apple ID (which I am), but this doesn't seem to make a difference for me. I still don't see those options.

I've considered uninstalling/reinstalling iTunes, but it seems to be working well for me otherwise. I just don't see a reason why those options would disappear, and would really like them back.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions regarding this, I would love to hear them.

Please join the conversation.

Sep 27, 2012 8:24 PM in response to GuestG4

GuestG4 wrote:

I have never used iTunes Match, so don't think this is a factor.

It is a factor.

There is no iCloud status unless you are using iTunes Match and it is turned on.

I have also confirmed that iTunes 10.7 for Mac shows these iCloud View Options whether or not someone uses iTunes Match, so this should definitely not be a factor (I hope).

I have confirmed that iTunes 10.7 for Mac does not show iCloud View Options unless you are subscribed to iTunes Match and it is turned on.

Sep 27, 2012 8:43 PM in response to Chris CA

Ok. I was told otherwise by forum posters.

I'm quite sure I had those options in a previous version of iTunes for Win7, even when not using iTunes Match.

When specifically did this change? Was it just now with iTunes 10.7, or was it even before that?

I was able to use those view options in pretty much all media kind/source categories, not just music. Now I can't use it at all. I don't see why they needed to hide those view options altogether just because I don't subscribe to iTunes Match.

I understand those view options are useful in iTunes Match, but they would still be useful throughout iTunes, even without Match enabled.

It just seems like an unnecessary change.

If you have any additional info or input, I would like to hear it.

Thanks for responding.

Sep 28, 2012 6:56 AM in response to GuestG4

GuestG4 wrote:

Ok. I was told otherwise by forum posters.

You were misinformed.

I'm quite sure I had those options in a previous version of iTunes for Win7, even when not using iTunes Match.

When specifically did this change? Was it just now with iTunes 10.7, or was it even before that?

Never. These view options were/are only available when iTunes Match is turned on.

I understand those view options are useful in iTunes Match, but they would still be useful throughout iTunes, even without Match enabled.

Since they apply ONLY to iTunes Match, not sure how it would be useful otherwise.

There are two iCloud options under View options (that appear ONLY with iTunes Match enabled)

iCloud Status (Matched, Purchased, Uploaded) shows what iTunes Match did with the song.

The iCloud icon allows you to download it to your computer.

Perhaps you are confusing iCloud Status with seeing the iCloud icon to download previous purchases?

(see this -> http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519)

Select Purchased under Store on the left side.

Click Download previous purchases at lower right of iTunes.

When you view your previously purchased items, you will see an iCloud icon to allow to to redownload items.

iCloud View Options are gone in iTunes 10.7 for Win 7 32bit.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.